Intertextual Connections


Quick updates

I know my previous post had a bunch of Runaway Bride pictures. After a couple of comments suggesting that the pictures are somehow distorted or skewed, I have since remove them. However, I shall post them up again soon, once I find the appropriate tool for uploading. Any suggestions, do respond!

***
I went to collect my full medical check up results today. And....*gasp*aiks*argh*....it seems that I'm fine :) Except for the following; my LDL cholestrol is quite high (3.49), ideally should be <2.58.>see-ham, balitong, prawns etc). Sigh, want me to kill myself meh? This is Malaysia, Hello! We live to eat-lah! I'll probably cut back on it for now, but being creatures of habit...ngek ngek...I'll probably dive back to it soon enough. But, this I will, step up on cardio, which means more time will be spent on the rowing machine! I don't like the rest of the other cardio machines, so ya.

On a flipside, mum had her results picked up too. She is potentially diabetic, according to the doctors, so she has to be careful. Doctors has mentioned, ask her to cut down on her carbohyrates (hongkies will say it car-bo-HY-drates!hahaha). He recommended her not to eat too much rice, but mum loves rice. Further mentioned, don't eat chinese, don't eat malay and don't eat indian food, then you won't each too much rice. I replied to the doctor, "Might as well move to another country lah!" hahaha.

***

I received my weekly Footstool Players mail update from Colin. This time round, the feedback responses were high in numbers. Wow, praise God. It gives the members a source of encouragement, a moment to reflect and ponder on how God is amazingly working in many lives, to pray for the team, for the people who have shared their convictions. It is definitely a strong reminder of God's love. In addition, it just gives me a personal satisfaction to be able to see something mature after one has invested much time and effort to a piece.

Jesus Christ. Yup, that's His name. For me, saying His name sometimes gives me the shivers because I would want to use it in the right context and with much adoration and respect, for sure. What's even more daunting, playing the role of Jesus Christ. It is so in our of the sketches of Runaway Bride. Its definitely a toughie for me, I mean like, does anyone know how Jesus is really like? Coz I don't, I am investing my personal thoughts and then portraying how best I can, so the delicate balance is sometimes striked as a sensitive press to step on. To show compassion and not being stumbled upon as a pathetic begging sort, and to be authoritative and dignified and not being seen as emotional-less and one dimensional. It's been a challenge for me to fine tune this character, but I am not discouraged at all. I take it with passion because it gives me that avenue to explore, the 7 minutes I have as Jesus, allows me to be a moment in that true character.

***
I have also recently been blessed with great company. It's been such joy sharing my journey with you. I regard you as in 3 words:-

1. Intelligent
2. Humble
3. Beautiful

And you put me in these 3 words:-

1. Sweet
2. Contemplative
3. Unassuming

So as you may be ESTP and I'm INFJ, it'll be exciting to see where our future heads. I am definitely excited sharing life with you. I am also thankful for God to shower His love upon me that I may then shower in unto you. For once, I love not because one self but because of God's love.

Agape.

1 Responses to “Quick updates”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I just found out how to upload pics properly mar... :)

    Yeah, it is daunting. But at the same time, I am experiencing more of Him and learning much. Liked the director's cut entry and also Jee Lee's comment on His perfect love. how true indeed, shall take a mental note on it.

    Thank you for this footstool journey and this new friendship as well, may His love never ceases.

    cryptic language :) haha..u know who I'm talking about already what! As for the ESTP and INFJ, think 'personality test', 'myer briggs' ! ANd so, what are you??  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.